Ayurvedic massage | Triyoga London NW1
AYURVEDIC PRANA FLOW MASSAGE
EASES STIFFNESS, TENSION AND KNOTS FROM THE BODY
RESTORES YOUR ENERGY BY RE-ESTABLISHING THE CORRECT FLOW OF PRANA
USES WARM ORGANIC HERBAL OIL TO SOOTHE, RELAX AND EASE THE BODY
This massage works on a subtle healing level as well as the physical. Jacqui uses traditional Ayurvedic techniques movements that ease the muscles and remove stiffness from the body, and localised firmer pressure can be used to ease knots from the deeper tissues. These long flowing movements also unblock stuck energy and encourage prana to flow, calming your nervous system and emotions.
Human touch is very healing and in Ayurvedic therapies this connection between healer and patient is an important part of the treatment. Jacqui directs subtle yet powerful pranic energy through her hands, and gives this massage with love and the intention for healing at a deeper level than just physical, for you to feel nurtured, calm, relaxed and rejuvenated.
The massage is adapted for your body type and needs:
RELAXING MASSAGE Slow, flowing and relaxing, soothing the nervous system as well as the physical body. Rebalances Vata dosha. Warm Vata-balancing oil is used to relax, nourish and soothe. Vata is the subtle wind and space energy that causes the majority of health issues, including stiffness and anxiety.
REFRESHING MASSAGE Moderately paced, relaxing and rejuvenating to balance Pitta dosha both physically and emotionally. Pitta-balancing oil is used to cool and calm. Pitta is the subtle fire energy that causes us to overwork, overheat, get burnt out, or be controlling, stressed nd irritable.
STIMULATING MASSAGE Faster shorter movements help shift stagnation, heaviness in body and mind, toxins and excess Kapha dosha. Warm Kapha-balancing oil is used to shift congestion in the tissues. Kapha is the subtle earth and water energy that causes stagnation, heaviness, dullness and lethargy.
In addition Mahanaryan oil may be used for stiffness and pain in muscles and joints.
Ayurvedic massage may:
- Help you to sleep (can regulate sleep pattern and relieve insomnia if done regularly).
- Improve lymphatic flow and blood circulation. This aids the flow of nutrients around the body and removal of wastes.
- Improve digestion by loosening blockages and encouraging downward movement of unwanted gas and waste matter.
- Relieve and slow the progression of arthritis, if done regularly.
PRICE: £75 for one hour, £110 for 90 mins.
APPOINTMENTS: SUNDAYS 9am-2pm
DIRECTIONS TO TRIYOGA
REVIEWS FOR JACQUI
"I could feel that so much love and care was put into my treatment. I felt a deep sense of calm and clarity and I had the best night's sleep. I highly recommend treatment with Jacqui, which is so much more than just a massage." Sunita, Streatham
"I feel refreshed and invigorated, not only by the massage but by the invaluable advice I received. I warmly recommend this treatment to anyone in need of a bodily treat." PG, Streatham
"The series of massages was intensely relaxing. They really helped me unwind and de-stress. Jacqui also has a lovely warm demeanour, which instantly makes you feel relaxed." Caroline, SW2
* Severe diarrhoea, vomiting or fever
* Heavy cold or flu
* First three months of pregnancy
* Ear infection, swollen glands, sinusitis, lung congestion, bronchitis, pneumonia
* Widespread open sores, extensive burns
* Cautions: lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia
– Be well hydrated beforehand and drink plenty of water afterwards
– For very stiff muscles, use the sauna at Triyoga afterwards (it's outside the therapy rooms). Or go home for a warm bath
– For maximum benefit, go home and relax. Avoid exertion and avoid stressful situations (and people!)
– Wear easily washable clothes in case a little oil rubs off on your clothes