Ayurvedic consultations | Triyoga London NW1
ONE-TO-ONE AYURVEDIC HEALTH COACHING
Illness and health problems are a result of underlying energy (prana, or chi) imbalance. So rather than treating symptoms with pills, Ayurveda corrects this energy to bring the five elements present in all of us back into balance.
In a consultation, I will determine your prakriti (your unique balance of space, air, fire, water and earth) and explain how this determines your physical and emotional traits and how to live in harmony with it. I then asses vikriti – which of these energies are imbalanced and causing your health problems – including traditional diagnostic techniques of tongue analysis and pulse reading.
Then, I give you a personal treatment plan. Ayurveda means foods and daily habits based on your own natural environment. If you're British, eating Indian foods is not Ayurveda! I also recommend herbal medicines that are easily available, such as Pukka Herbs.
Ayurveda cannot be reduced to a diet sheet or a magic pill. It is multi-pronged approach to returning to full health and vitality. So your treatment advice and handouts may include:
- What foods to eat and to avoid.
- Lifestyle advice, e.g. eating habits, sleep, exercise, massage and yoga.
- Insight into the health issues you're genetically predisposed to, and how to minimise your risk.
- Meditation, pranayama or relaxation techniques for stress relief and emotional balance.
All Ayurvedic treatments are designed to boost and balance prana, your life force. If you've booked 90 minutes, your appointment can include a guided relaxation, breath coaching and/or meditation, as appropriate.
PRE-CONSULTATION FORM After you book, I'll email you a health questionnaire, which I go through before I meet you.
FOLLOW-UP APPOINTMENT This is usually three weeks later so I can see how you respond to treatment, and work with you step by step on building healthy habits. I want to support you, and not send you off on your own with a lot of overwhelming new information.
For straightforward health and digestion issues, two appointments usually resolves it. Complex conditions require further appointments and support. If you need relaxation, breathing and meditation techniques, or have lot to talk about, e.g. if deeper issues are likely to arise, please book 90 minutes not 60.
PRICE: 60 MINS £75, 90 MINS £110
FOLLOW-UP: 60 MINS £75, 30 MINS £40 (Ask about packages)
APPOINTMENTS: SUNDAYS 9am-2pm
- Digestive complaints, including bloating, constipation, gas, candida, IBS, IBD etc
- Weight gain, obesity, type II diabetes
- Skin conditions
- PMS and menstrual difficulties
- Pre/post-menopause difficulties such as hot flushes and the emotional effects
- Joint and muscle pain and stiffness inc. arthritis etc
- Emotional imbalances, stress, anger, nerves, fear, controlling, mood swings, overactive mind, etc
- Anxiety, depression and mild to moderate nervous system disorders
- Fatigue, insomnia, low energy
- Most mild to moderate health conditions
- Support while undergoing medical treatment for serious diseases. I.E, nutritional support, stress relief techniques, meditation, massage, and/or energy healing
- Acute conditions including bleeding, inflammation, sprains, injuries, accidents, sudden pain, stroke
- Severe physical conditions such as slipped disc, spondylolisthesis, disabilities
- Severe neurological disorders
- Serious illnesses such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes type 1 and tropical diseases
REVIEWS FOR JACQUI
"I had severe lack of energy, heavy feeling in my body, lethargy, lack of motivation, and was feeling tired in the mornings even after I'd slept. All those symptoms now have almost or completely gone. I was snacking and craving foods (especially fried!) but now I only want fresh, and can leave longer gaps in between meals to digest fully.
"I am less emotional and far happier. My PMS this month was so much reduced and my morning routine and attitude is far improved. My mind is clearer, more precise and less likely to look at the negative. Thanks for introducing this to me and guiding me through it. You have been amazing and an inspiration to follow."
Gemma, theatre manager, London
"I had heard lots of great things about Ayurveda, so I wanted to see if there was anything I could learn that could enhance my health and my energy. My current programme is based very much on modern up-to-date research and information. Jacqui is excellent and she really does know her stuff. I feel very happy that I now have a great health and energy programme that fits my lifestyle and combines the wisdom of Ayurveda with the modern systems that I know work."
Oliver, health entrepreneur, London